Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Thrifting Across the United States

Woohoo! We are going on a road trip! A 32 hour road trip to be exact from Pensacola, FL to San Diego, CA. We are going home for a few weeks and we decided to drive instead of fly for several reasons.
1. I hate flying,
2. My husband and myself are going to be those parents that drag their kids on long tedious road trips, so there is no better time than the present to start the tradition,
3. We wanted to visit family and friends on the way,
4. It is easier to drive with a 3 year old than flying....no one to annoy, but us,
and.....
5. It is the perfect opportunity to thrift and antique across the United States!

So, the reason for our trip is to visit everyone back home and celebrate my husband and son's birthday with those that we love and some that we tolerate. LOL. It's nice when they share the same birthday! I joke with my husband that I gave him the gift that keeps on giving so I am off the hook for future presents. But seriously, I love the fact that they are exactly 25 years and 6 hours to the minute apart. It makes me feel that there is this huge connection between them...silly, I know because they would have a unique connection anyways.

It is going to be interesting cramming all of my treasures that I find along the way into our Jeep Cherokee along with luggage and birthday presents that I am sure everyone will go overboard with. Only 20 more days until we make the trip....I will keep you posted:)

No comments:

Post a Comment